Surgeries to restore the normal function of eyelids
Degenerative changes on the eyelids are not only an aesthetic problem, they can often cause serious and permanent changes of the anterior eye segment . Our surgeons perform all types of surgeries on eyelids in order to enable the normal function of the eye. The procedures are performed under local anesthesia, and patients are discharged from the hospital the same day.
During the process of aging, the skin of the eyelids becomes thinner, less elastic; the loss of support of connective tissue causes the fat tissue to prolapse; thinning of the muscle tendons leads to drooped lids (Ptosis). Excess skin that hangs over the lid margin couses dermatochalasis of upper and lower eyelid; loss of support tissue leads toexcessive outward and inward overturn of the eyelid margin called ectropion and entropion. Everyday action of the facial muscles (frown, amazement, laughing) creates wrinkles on the forehead, between the eyebrows, on the outer angle of the eye.
To correct the aging changes, we currently offer non-surgical methods (Botox, dermal fillers) and surgical methods.
We operate blepharochalasis of the upper and lower eyelids and ptosis of different origins. The incision is made in the natural grooves (skin crease) of the eyelid so t the scar is invisible and the excess of skin is removed and if necessary lid is fixed in the required position (ptosis). Given all this, there are a lot of opportunities to look good and feel young for a long time
Why should you choose the University Clinic Svjetlost?
- All surgeries are performed in the shortest possible time without waiting lists.
- The surgeries on the eyelids for restoring proper function and youthfulness
- Treatment of diplopia and exophthalmos (the so-called protruding eyes) in patients with thyroid eye diseases
- The use of Botox for medical (blepharospasm) and aesthetic reasons without waiting
- Removal of tumors and reconstructive surgery performed on the eyelids and the skin in the ocular region
- Treatment of congenital eyelid disorders in children ( congenital ptosis - drooped eyelids, the congenital overturn of the eyelid)
- The tear ducts surgeries (reconstruction of bone and lacrimal ducts)